Upcoming permit year events:
- Volunteer sampling in the Little Conestoga Watershed- East Petersburg is currently seeking volunteers to undergo training through the Lancaster County Conservation District to help obtain water samples at the Nitrate Plant from the Little Conestoga. If you are interested call the Borough office and ask for Lance. http://lancasterwatersheds.org/volunteer-water-quality-monitoring/
- Stormwater inlet cleaning this spring and after fall. The annual cleaning and improvements to the East Petersburg Borough stormwater system will continue.
- Stormwater inlet repair- old and failing stormwater infrastructure will continue to be repaired and replaced.
- East Petersburg Borough Best Management Practices (BMP) inspections and maintenance will continue.
- Post Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) inspections of all BMP’s put into place after 2003 require a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System NPDES permit.
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance meetings take place on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. at 1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA 17601 and are open to the public.
- Lancaster Water Week will be held Sunday, June 2, through Saturday, June 8.
East Petersburg Borough continues to apply their Best Management Practices (BMP’s) to cleaning up the storm basins by performing routine trash clean-up.
East Petersburg Borough routinely inspect and cleans the stormwater conveyance system throughout the Borough. Parts of that conveyance system include not only gutters, inlets and pipes , but also the catch basins and channelized swales located within the Borough. As part of those routine inspections , the condition of the basin is tracked along with maintenance that needs to be done and all trash and debris removed.