2018 permit year events:
- Volunteer sampling in the Little Conestoga Watershed- East Petersburg and volunteers trained through the Lancaster County Conservation District to help obtain water samples at the Nitrate Plant from the Little Conestoga. http://lancasterwatersheds.org/volunteer-water-quality-monitoring/
- Phase planting was held at the nitrate plant June 4, 2018 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. the plantings took place during Lancaster water week in conjunction with Lancaster County Water Sewer Authority (LCWSA).
- Stormwater inlet cleaning was held in the spring and after fall. The annual cleaning and improvements to the East Petersburg Borough stormwater system will continue.
- Stormwater inlet repair- old and failing stormwater infrastructure were repaired and replaced.
- East Petersburg Borough Best Management Practices (BMP) inspections and maintenance continued.
- Post Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM) inspections of all BMP’s put into place after 2003 require a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System NPDES permit.
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance meetings took place on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 5:00 p.m. at 1383 Arcadia Road, Lancaster, PA 17601 and were open to the public.
- Lancaster Water Week was held Friday, June 1, through Saturday, June 9.
East Petersburg Borough continued to apply their Best Management Practices (BMP’s) to cleaning up the storm basins by performing routine trash clean-up.
East Petersburg Borough routinely inspects and cleans the stormwater conveyance system throughout the Borough. Parts of that conveyance system include not only gutters, inlets and pipes , but also the catch basins and channelized swales located within the Borough. As part of those routine inspections , the condition of the basin is tracked along with maintenance that needs to be done and all trash and debris removed.