Due to the Coronavirus, Lancaster County Schools will be closed through April 6, 2020
As the situation with the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic continues to unfold, rest assured that our community leadership continues to make provision to ensure continuity of services to residents and visitors, in addition to ensuring we are following guidance provided to ensure the safety and security of all those within our community. Below are links to resources for factual, current information from the local level to a global scale. The situation remains very fluid but the recommendations for prevention have remained consistent. They are listed below. Our offices remain open 8-4:30 Monday-Friday (closed 12:30 pm -1 pm), as well as via phone at 717-569-9282.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
In addition, it is recommended that Pennsylvanians take time to prepare now for an emergency that could occur. View the PA Emergency Preparedness Guide.
Hempfield School District – https://www.hempfieldsd.org/
Lancaster county Emergency Management – https://www.lancema.us/
PA Department of Health – https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
PA Emergency Management Agency – https://www.pema.pa.gov/Pages/AlertDetails.aspx
Center for Disease Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
- MEAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE VIA PHONE OR INTERNET
- BULK ITEM PICK-UP AND YARD WASTE HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE