snow removal diagram It has come to the attention of the Council that some residents have been snow blowing and shoveling snow back into the middle of the street, rather than onto their own property (grass). The policy (including outside contracts) for snow plowing is to plow ‘curb to curb,’ unless a vehicle or another item is in the way. THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE FOR PLOWING IS TO ALLOW FOR PASSAGE OF EMERGENCY VEHICLES AS NEEDED. Please familiarize yourself below with snow removal policy for the borough.
* 1” TO 3” SNOW FALLS – streets are SALTED.
* 3” or MORE – streets are PLOWED.
* SHOVELING or BLOWING SNOW ONTO A CLEARED ROADWAY IS NOT PERMITTED. VIOLATORS WILL BE FINED, and/or PROSECUTED.
* STREETS ARE PLOWED ‘CURB TO CURB,’ WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
* PLOWING ‘CURB TO CURB’ MEANS THERE WILL BE SNOW AT THE END OF YOUR DRIVEWAY. IT IS NOT DONE TO AGGRAVATE ANYONE. IT IS SIMPLY A RESULT OF PLOWING.
* PLEASE PARK OFF-STREET WHENEVER POSSIBLE IN ANY SNOW EVENT. IF YOU PARK YOUR CARS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY YOU WILL HAVE MUCH LESS SNOW TO SHOVEL.
* PLEASE CLEAR END OF DRIVEWAY UPSTREAM WHEN PLOWING IS FINISHED.
* FIRST – ROADS WITH A YELLOW CENTER LINE, AND EMERGENCY ROUTES. THESE ROADS ARE KEPT OPEN DURING HEAVY SNOWS.
* SECOND – SECONDARY STREETS
* THIRD – CUL-DE-SACS AND ALLEY’S
* THE BOROUGH HAS A SNOW REMOVAL PLAN/MAP AND HAS KEPT IT UPDATED AS MORE STREETS ARE ADDED. THE PLAN CAN BE VIEWED AT THE BOROUGH OFFICE DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS.
PLEASE HAVE A SAFE WINTER!