The Zoning Officer will be in the office Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 – 4:00, Appointments are available by calling the Borough office.
It will take approximately 2-3 weeks to review and process permit (as long as everything is in order). Please plan accordingly. Fees will be doubled if work starts before a permit is applied for and issued.
Permits are not limited to this list. If you have questions as to a need for a permit, please call the Borough office.
Permits are required for the following projects:
- New construction and additions
- Interior wall relocation or other structural changes
- Replacing structures destroyed or damaged
- Adding or changing interior or exterior stairs and railings
- Dormers and porches
- Commercial or assembly structures
- Pools (in ground and above ground)
- Spas and hot tubs
- Chimney or fireplace
- Signs (permanent and temporary)
- Electrical upgrades
- A change in heating fuel source
- Solar roof or ground panels
- Note: Dumpsters AND Pods also need permit
Zoning Hearing Board Members
The Zoning Hearing Board is comprised of three members appointed by the Borough Council and serves a three year term. The Zoning Hearing Board acts as a decision making body for hearings related to certain zoning regulations, authorizing special exceptions, interpretations and appeals of the Zoning Ordinance and approving or rejecting variances from the Zoning Ordinance. An appeal of a Zoning Hearing Board decision is appealed through the court system.
Russell Howell (Alternate member)
To view a copy of the Comprehensive Plan click on the link below: